since early 18th century Southwell
With something for everyone, you’ll find us right in the heart of Southwell on the main High Street. The relaxed and welcoming surroundings make this a perfect place for a short stop or leisurely meal.
The Admiral Rodney is a traditional beamed pub serving great food all day. In the main bar you can choose from our traditional pub menu and try a selection of real ales. You can also try and spot one of Southwell’s wells hidden in our bar.
We have recently opened our new restaurant where you can dine with friends and family or just pop in for a quick bite on your lunch break or for our Sunday Carvery.
If you’d like to watch the world go by our outside terrace is the perfect place to spend the warm summer afternoons.
Sky sports shown here daily for all upcoming fixtures keep an eye on our blackboards or feel free to give us a call
Ever So “Environmentally” Sensible
Climate change is a real threats to all our futures, we all need to start doing things differently before it is too late. As a business we actively take steps to be more sustainable. Whilst we can’t change everything immediately, we have made a start, see below.
- Increasing “plant-based” food items on all our menus
- Reducing food waste throughout our sites
- Smaller changes like switching to eco-friendly straws, napkins, and toilet rolls.
- Reviewed our waste recycling and now separate our food waste, glass and cardboard.
- Working with suppliers to reduce unnecessary packaging.
- Switching all our Electric and Gas to a of 100% renewable energy supplier
- Started making the change from gas cookers to electric induction cookers in our kitchens.
- As our hot water boilers need replacing these will become electric rather than gas
- Some of our sites even give their vegetable off-cuts away as animal feed!
- Where possible, we are installing electric car charging points in our car parks. The MD now drives a fully electric car with other company vehicles being Hybrids.
We will keep looking for changes we can make now and in the future. If you can suggest other practical and sensible action we can undertake please let us know 🙂
We are open…
Wed 11am-12 midnight
Thu 11am-12 midnight
12noon – 9.30pm Monday to Friday
11am – 9.30pm Saturday & Sundays
Carvery served 12 noon – 4pm Sunday
Dining @ The Rodney
We have recently launched our new restaurant, this fully refurbished room is now a large dining area perfect for a romantic meal for 2 or birthday meal for the whole family!
In the evenings you can choose from our exciting new restaurant menu catering for a large variety of tastes.
On Sunday come and enjoy our carvery served all day until we sell out!